Garlic & Lemon Grilled Artichokes
Write a review
- 16 baby artichokes
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tbsp NOOC Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp NOOC Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- juice and zest of 1 red grapefruit
- 1 tbsp NOOC Italian Table Blend Seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 large red grapefruit, cut into 12 thin wedges
- Fill a medium glass bowl with cold water and squeeze lemon into the water.
- Cut off stems of artichokes near the base. Remove tough outer leaves, leaving softer, yellowish-green inner leaves, then cut the top 1/3 off.
- As you trim each artichoke, immediately place into lemon water to prevent browning.
- Steam artichokes for 7 minutes, or until bottoms are just tender.
- While artichokes are steaming, combine NOOC Garlic Olive Oil, NOOC Sicilian Lemon Balsamic, grapefruit juice and zest, NOOC Italian Table Blend, minced garlic and white pepper in a bowl.
- Add steamed artichokes to the marinade, and toss to coat. Then, add grapefruit slices. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- While artichokes and grapefruits are marinating, preheat grill. Grill artichokes and grapefruit for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until artichokes are tender, basting with marinade several times.
- Remove to a serving platter, drizzle with additional marinade, garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary, serve.
Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar | Naples Olive Oil Company - Naples, FL http://www.naplesoliveoilcompany.com/