Garlic & Tuscan Herb Bean Soup
Write a review
- 1 bunch of fresh escarole
- 2 tbsp NOOC Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp NOOC Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cans (10 1/2 oz.) chicken broth and 1 1/2 cans water
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomatoes, chopped - no juice
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp NOOC Italian Blend Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 can (16 oz.) cannellini beans, drained
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- parmesan cheese, shredded or grated (optional)
- Slice escarole stalks 1/4 inch thick. Slice leafy tops 1 inch thick. Set aside.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, sauté until translucent. Then, add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add in escarole stalks, chicken broth, tomatoes, carrots, NOOC Italian Blend Seasoning and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in beans and pasta, return to boil. When pasta has cooked through, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired, and enjoy!
Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar | Naples Olive Oil Company - Naples, FL http://www.naplesoliveoilcompany.com/