Write a review
- 1 lb boneless duck breast, skin removed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp NOOC Herbs De Provence Olive Oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup NOOC Pomegranate Balsamic
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp NOOC Italian Table Blend Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F., then begin to prepare the duck with a sprinkle of salt.
- Heat NOOC Herbs De Provence Olive Oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the duck and cook until browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the duck to a small baking dish and roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 150 degrees F, 8 to 12 minutes for medium, depending on the size of the breast.
- Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes.
- While the duck is resting, return the pan to medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour in NOOC Pomegranate Balsamic and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Add to the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- When the duck has finished resting, pour any accumulated juices into the sauce and stir to combine. Thinly slice the duck; serve topped with the pomegranate sauce. Garnish with NOOC Italian Table Blend, if desired.
Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar | Naples Olive Oil Company - Naples, FL http://www.naplesoliveoilcompany.com/