Red, White, and Balsamic Ice Cream Sandwiches
Write a review
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream (or flavor of your choice!)
- 1 cup NOOC Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 7 oz strawberries, roughly diced
- 20 shortcake cookies (2 per sandwich)
- freeze-dried strawberries, finely chopped
- freeze-dried blueberries, finely chopped
- Begin by adding the NOOC Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar into a saucepan and heating on medium-high temperature, being careful not to fully boil. This will thicken the consistency of the vinegar. Once it has reduced to about 1/3 cup, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spoon the ice cream into a food processor, then add in the chopped strawberries. Pulse until the strawberries are evenly blended throughout the ice cream.
- Line a 9" square tin with parchment paper and add in the ice cream. Spread out evenly and then drizzle in the NOOC Strawberry Balsamic reduction--lightly stir around with a small spoon to create a swirling effect within the ice cream.
- Cover with a second sheet of paper and smooth the top again as flat as possible. Put in the freezer and re-freeze until the ice cream is solid again.
- Spread the freeze-dried strawberries and blueberries on a plate. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and cut the ice cream into 10 cookie-sized circles using a sharp knife or metal cutter of the same size.
- Sandwich the ice cream between two cookies and then roll one side of each into the strawberries and the other side into the blueberries. Add to a paper-lined tray and re-freeze for about an hour before serving.
Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar | Naples Olive Oil Company - Naples, FL http://www.naplesoliveoilcompany.com/