Sweet & Spicy Dark Chocolate BBQ Ribs
Write a review
- 1 slab of pork baby back ribs
- 1 1/2 tsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup NOOC Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup NOOC Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 3/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp NOOC Bold Blend Seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the slab of ribs, then bring water to boil and boil ribs until slightly pink in the center.
- Remove from water and place slab of ribs in an aluminum roasting pan and preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Prepare the BBQ Sauce
- Heat butter in a large pot. Add onions, cherries and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce reaches a semi-thick consistency.
- Cover slab of ribs with BBQ Sauce; save the remainder of sauce for basting.
- Tightly cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and steam the ribs in the BBQ sauce at 250 degrees for approximately 45 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove slab of ribs from roasting pan and place on preheated grill, then cook for 4 minutes per side while basting ribs with extra sauce or until the edges of the ribs are browned and crisped.
Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar | Naples Olive Oil Company - Naples, FL http://www.naplesoliveoilcompany.com/