Pork Loin with Wild Mushroom Gravy
- Heat the oil in a large over medium-high heat, then sauté the NOOC Garlic EVOO, rosemary and sage, stirring, for about one minute. Add the pork loin to the pan, carefully placing it on top of the herbs. Sauté the pork for about 5 minutes on each side, then remove it. Add the NOOC Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan and cook about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat under the pan to low-medium heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper to taste. Partially cover with a lid and cook for about 1 1/2 hours, flipping the pork and scraping the bottom of the pan every 20 minutes or so.
- When the pork is cooked through (it should be about 150° internal temperaturremove pork to a plate to rest. Meanwhile, increase the heat under the liquid in the pan to medium. If your pan has little liquid, deglaze with a splash of NOOC Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar. Stir well to loosen the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Allow to cook for 1 to minutes, then add stock. Remove pot from heat and allow to cool in the pot for 20 minutes.
- When the sauce has cooled, add the cream and put the pan back on the stove. Heat gently over medium-low heat, stirring the sauce constantly until it thickens a bit and warms. Avoid boiling.
- Place the resting pork on a cutting board (you can add any accumulated meat juices back to the sauce if you like!). Slice the pork very thinly and place on to a serving platter. Pour the warm gravy over top and drizzle NOOC Wild Mushroom & Herb EVOO.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!