Baklouti Green Chile Croquettes
Write a review
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 2 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp NOOC Baklouti Green Chile Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp NOOC Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese cut in to 1/2″ cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp finely minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp NOOC Signature Blend Spices
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
- NOOC Certified Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil with a very low FFA, and very high phenol content
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover, Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Allow the potatoes to cool completely and mash the cooled potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and add the NOOC Garlic Olive Oil, NOOC Baklouti Green Chile, Parmesan, parsley, and one beaten egg, mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Beat the remaining two eggs in a separate bowl, and add the bread crumbs to another bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then form the potato mixture in to a 2″ oblong shape and push a piece of mozzarella in to the center of each oblong. Form the potato around the cheese so that it is completely encased.
- Coat each croquette in egg, and then roll in bread crumbs to thoroughly coat, Set aside on the baking sheet.
- Heat about 1/2 cup of NOOC Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- When a deep fry thermometer reaches 375, fry the croquettes in batches until deep golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar | Naples Olive Oil Company - Naples, FL https://www.naplesoliveoilcompany.com/