Greek Town Salad
Write a review
- ½ cup NOOC Lemon Olive Oil (or your choice!)
- ¾ pound feta cheese cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 bread loaf, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 peeled and seeded cucumber, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, large diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, sliced in half rounds
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup NOOC Oregano Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon NOOC Original Blend Seasoning
- Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the bread cubes and sprinkle with salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Add more olive oil as needed. Place the Kalamata olives, cucumber, red and yellow pepper, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the Oregano Balsamic Vinegar, Dijon Mustard, minced garlic in a small bowl. While still whisking, add the olive oil, salt and the pepper and make an emulsion.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables. Add the bread cubes and stir. Finally add the feta cheese and mix gently. Set aside for 25 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Serve over romaine lettuce and enjoy!
Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar | Naples Olive Oil Company - Naples, FL https://www.naplesoliveoilcompany.com/