Strawberry Balsamic Sangria
Sweet strawberries are the star here, permeating every sip of this enticing sangria. Choose brightly-colored, plump berries that still have their green caps attached. Makes 1 Pitcher.
- 2 Cups Sliced Ripe Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar You May Substitute With 3 TBS Maple Syrup
- 1 Bottle Chilled Garnacha or Pinot Noir For White Sangria Use Pinot Grigio
- 1/4 Cup Port or Brandy
- 1 Large Orange
- 1 Small Lemon Sliced Into Thin Rounds
- 2 Cups Chilled Prosecco or Seltzer Water
- Garnish with Mint or Basil
- Wash strawberries and slice. Let the strawberries macerate with sugar (or maple syruand Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar for an hour. This brings out all the natural strawberry juice and sweetens more naturally. Pour in the bottle of wine and port (or brandy). Cut orange in half and squeeze in the juice. Thinly slice the remaining orange half and add in along with sliced lemon rounds. Allow all of the ingredients to combine together in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, fill the rest of the pitcher up with chilled Prosecco, ice and stir. If you desire less alcohol, add Seltzer Water in place of Prosecco.
- Garnish your glass of Sangria with a strawberry, fresh mint, or basil- and enjoy!